Monday, September 14, 2009

Gamer, an interesting perspective

A new movie that is out, Gamer, make you think. In this movie, human beings are controlled by other humans in a "game" setting allowing everyone to do anything that they wouldnt be able to do in real life. People are paid to be controlled, and people pay to control.
This made me think, would i take money and allow someone to control my every movement, my every decision. I would have no control over my own body, i would be trapped. If i ever sank low enough to need the money so much to allow myself to be used as a tool for other people's pleasure. In this movie 2 different games are available. Society and Gamer.
In Gamer, you control a convict on death row in a first person shooter environment.
In Society, you control another human being, and put in a society with others being controled. In this society, sex is the only reason to be there. These people accept pay checks to allow others to control them, to allow others to force them to touch strangers and allow stranger to touch them.
Would i allow myself to become that? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment