Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Possible Memoir

Rain fell on my lit cigerette as i tried to relax. On the other end of my cell phone, i knew she was trying not to cry. Jessica, my recent ex-girlfriend, called me to vent out her emotions again. This was not the first time. For the past six months she had been calling me, behind her boyfriends back, for emotional support. I began to feel like an emotional band-aid.
I did not even understand her words anymore. With another cigerette lit, i took a deep puff. I could not do it anymore. I tried to be a "friend" for her. I tried to do the right thing.
My thrid cigerette bud fell to the ground, washed away by the rain. " Jessica stop." I said softly into the phone. Her crying stopped. All i heard was the static in the backround. "What do you mean?" she asked. I lit another cigerette. " I'm done. I'm sorry, but you can't call me anymore."
When those words left my lips, i knew she was shocked.
Excuses flew from her mouth. As i listened, i just lit another cigerette. One thought crossed my mind: " I'm going to regret this."

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JR:

    Nice details, I wonder if you could focus that descriptive writing on an earlier memory--recent ones are more difficult to reflect upon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya that sounds pretty good. It seems you know you know what you are going to write about. i like how u ended it with a cliff hanger to make people want to know more.

    ReplyDelete